A Rare York silver fork with the town mark originally commissioned by and made for the Yorkshire Club by Barber and North York 1838/9.
York Town Mark "Yorkshire Club" fork 1838/9
A rare York town mark fork from the Yorkshire Club canteen that was commissioned by the Yorkshire Club for their dining rooms and made by James Barber and William North in 1838-1839. The cutlery items in the canteen were marked with the town mark at the request of the Yorkshire Club and they were engraved with the Yorkshire Rose on their terminals.
The canteens were sold through Christies in 1969.
The fork is of good gauge silver and is marked clearly with a full set of hallmarks including the town mark and the terminal also carries the engraved Yorkshire Rose.
The fork is in Old English pattern and measures 20.6 cms and weighs 95 grams.
In good antique condition commensurate with age and light/normal usage. Little wear on the tines.